AltspaceVR is a social platform that is focused on creating natural and fulfilling communication between users within a Virtual Reality environment. Users can hang out in virtual spaces, collaborate in unique ways, and share synchronized web content in real time.
- Beautiful environments built from the ground up for VR
- Unique, expressive avatars that capture all aspects of HMD motion (rotational and positional)
- Locomotion system that ensures comfort in VR. Teleport to get around quickly, turn your virtual body in predictable notches.
- Compatible with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Google Daydream, and Samsung GearVR.
- No HMD (Head Mounted Display) is required. AltspaceVR works in 2D as well on Mac and PC.
- Works with a keyboard and mouse or game controller. We also support the HTC Vive and Oculus Touch motion controllers.
- Works with Leap Motion, Kinect V2, and Perception Neuron.
- Spatialized and attenuated audio
- "Beam" web content to shared displays in the VR environment.
- Meet friends and make new ones in VR, and keep track of them with our Friends system.
- Create your own Activities. Either set it for publicly visible or for your friends only.
AltspaceVR is also a great place to attend live events! We work with a growing list of popular talent to bring exciting events to our users. Users are able to watch, listen, and engage with our talent together in Event Spaces where the talent is mirrored across multiple instances to help reduce performance issues and make the experience enjoyable for everyone. We are also excited to be able to VRCapture and playback our events at future dates. These encore performances, while not live, allow our users to be able to experience the event as if they had been there.
- Stand up comedians
- Musical performances
- Q&A sessions with leading industry personalities
- And many more exciting event formats with amazing personalities!
AltspaceVR also has a growing list of great games and applications users can engage in together. These experiences range from tabletop games to artistic canvases both flat and 3D, and even an arena shooter!