For Oculus Rift:
- If you are using AltspaceVR with the Rift (DK2 or CV1), make sure you have the latest Oculus software installed, available at https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/. Once installed make sure that settings-> General-> Unknown Sources is set to ON.
- Ensure your Rift headset is installed, configured, and functional.
- Download and install the AltspaceVR application.
- Create an account on altvr.com (recommended), or simply launch the application and register your account in the 'You' panel. You may log into an existing account instead of creating a new one.
- Still having trouble? Click here to send a Support Request.
For HTC Vive:
- Download and install Steam (http://www.steam.com), and create the necessary Steam account if you don't have one.
- Search Steam for AltspaceVR, listed under 'Software'. Install the application.
- Start VR mode by clicking the VR icon at the top right of the Steam window. Note: This will not be visible if the Vive is not connected.
- Launch AltspaceVR through Steam.
- You may also opt to install AltspaceVR directly from our website. The client will detect the Vive and launch into it automatically.
For Gear VR:
- Download and launch the Oculus Store through your phone.
- Search for AltspaceVR in the Oculus Store
- Download the VR App
- You may also consider downloading the AltspaceVR app for Google Play, by downloading it through Google Play. This will allow you to direct launch into a space or event without needing to open the Oculus App.
For 2D Mac and Windows:
- Download and install the AltspaceVR client by visiting altvr.com and creating an account.
- If you already have an account, sign in and click Download. Select the appropriate client for your system.
- Launch the application normally. Oculus and SteamVR are not required to launch in 2D mode.