Via Microsoft Store
Set up Windows Mixed Reality
- Complete the WMR Setup process on your PC.
- Connect your headset to your PC & open Mixed Reality Portal.
- Turn on your motion controllers, but don’t put on your headset yet.
- Wait for the Windows Mixed Reality home to load & for your controllers to be visible.
- Get AltspaceVR on the Microsoft Store.
- Open the Start Menu and type ‘AltspaceVR’ in the search box.
- Identify the AltspaceVR app in the search results and click to launch.
Set up Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR
- Connect your headset to your PC and turn on your motion controllers.
- Once the Windows Mixed Reality home has loaded and your controllers are visible, open the Steam app on your desktop.
- Install AltspaceVR.
- Use the Steam app to launch AltspaceVR from your Steam library.
Tip: To launch SteamVR games without taking off your headset, use the Desktop app (Start > Desktop) to view and interact with your PC desktop inside Windows Mixed Reality.
Using Motion Controllers with AltspaceVR