Note: this feature is in Early Access
People entering your World will "spawn" or appear at the origin, position (0,0,0), when they enter your World. However, you can add one or more Spawn Points if you want to, say, have people to start at the entrance to your castle. If you specify multiple Spawn Points, one will be randomly chosen whenever someone enters and the origin will not be included. You can manage Spawn Points to any World, Event, or Activity where your World Editor is enabled. You control where people spawn (position) and what direction they'll be facing (rotation). Spawn Points will only be visible in Edit Mode.
- Go near the spot were you want people to spawn. Open World Editor > Basics and make sure "Lock Rotation" is checked. Scroll down and click "Spawn Point" to create one. Move it to the exact position you want
- Click on the settings icon for the Spawn Point and make sure Rotation > X and Rotation > Z are both 0 (If they are really small numbers like "8.537777745E-07", that's fine too. That's a quirk of how floating point numbers are handled)
- Reenter your World via Menu > Settings > General > Re-enter Space > Enter
- You should spawn at your new Spawn Point!
- If you want people to face a different direction, click on the settings for the Spawn Point and set Rotation > Y only. Try setting Y to 180 and both X and Z to 0 (Warning: X and Z are advanced may make people sick). Then click "Confirm" and re-enter the World. That should spawn you facing the opposite direction.
- People still spawning at the origin?
- Make sure your Spawn Points are slightly above the ground or surface. If the Spawn Point is overlapping other objects, people spawn at the default location, the origin. This can happen if the Spawn Point inside an object and the height of person varies so it's not uncommon.
- Try resetting your World via Menu > Settings > Moderate > Reset Space
- Have multiple Spawn Points but still spawning in the same place?
- You might be unlucky--it's random after all. Try a few re-entering at least 5 times before assuming there's an error.
- People are uncomfortable or their head is tilted
- You may have forgotten to check "Lock Rotation" or set the X and/or Z value for Rotation. Those should usually be set to 0 unless you're building an exotic World.
- People falling when they spawn?
- Don't set the Spawn Point position too high above an object. If they fall too far they will be respawned at the origin. People may also be uncomfortable.
- Find your World on our website under Worlds > Mine
- Click "Edit" and copy+paste this snippet into Layout > Overrides. Change the position to your liking.
- Press "Update". If there are no errors, you'll be back at the World landing page
- Launch Altspace and join your World