NOTE: This feature is only available to PC Early Access users and is not fully integrated with the Altspace client. However, it can still be very useful for some people already and the Custom Messages you create now will be used in the integrated version.
If you often host Events or just want some witty replies at-the-ready or just hate typing in VR, you can now create Custom Messages on our website for use in Altspace.
- Navigate to More > Custom Messages
- Click the "Create"
- Fill in the "Name" field with your message (e.g. "Live long and prosper")
- Click "Create Custom Message"
- Click "VR". You should see a single button with your text
- Repeat Steps 1-5 until you've created all your messages
- Open the "VR" url (https://account.altvr.com/custom_messages/vr) in an Altspace browser--there's one in your menu
- Click one of the buttons
- Message another Altspace user or reply to an incoming message
- Press "Ctrl+V" to paste your Custom Message into the field
- Click "Send"
- Congrats! Now your sending Custom Messages super fast like a pro. In the future we may integrate your Custom Messages directly into the Altspace messaging system.
Tips and Troubleshooting
- If you want to change the order, edit a Custom Message and set the Sort Order field. For example, if you set Custom Message to have Sort Order "1", that will put that message at the top and automatically move the other ones down the list.
- Add the "VR" url for Custom Message to your Bookmarks. Edit your Bookmarks and add this line:
[Custom Messages](https://account.altvr.com/custom_messages/vr)Now if you open the browser in Altspace and click "Altspace Labs", you'll load your Bookmarks