Mixed Reality Extensions (MREs) are apps you can use in your Worlds from helmets to a working Stargate. This is how community members with programming experience can extend Altspace and one way World Builders can make their Worlds more interactive. While MREs can be used by anyone in a World, only people in the World Building Program will be able to browse and spawn MREs in their Worlds.
- Browse the MRE section of our website: https://account.altvr.com/mres. By default you will see your own MREs so click on "Altspace" to see official MREs and "Featured" to see MREs from the community. Get familiar with any MRE before you use it in your World.
- Navigate to the Helmets MRE and click "Copy to Clipboard".
- Enter your World and open the World Editor to Basics > SDK App. Paste in the URL for Helmets and click "Confirm". The MRE Object should appear and attempt to connect to the MRE that's running in the cloud. You should now see some helmets you can click on.
- Move/rotate/scale the MRE just as you would any other World Object.
- Congratulations! You're using MREs now--you're so cool!
- Find the MRE in the Object List (there's a filter for it)
- Edit the Object and append "?kit=samurai_kits" to the end of the Helmets MRE url. Click "Confirm"
- You should see a different set of helmets--specifically, you chose to show the "samurai" set of helmets. This is one way to customize an MRE when using it in your World.
- MRE is showing a frowning emoji
- Verify that the URL is correct
- Toggle "Is Playing" option on the Object and click "confirm"
- Try re-entering
- MRE is laggy
- Depending on where an MRE is hosted you may experience some network latency
- Why do we have to paste URLs?
- In the future you'll be able to manage and spawn MREs like you do Artifacts from Kits. Until then, we'll continue using URLs