The Vote to Suspend feature is available, exclusively to AltspaceVR’s Community Helpers. It is a moderation tool to help keep AltspaceVR welcoming, safe, and mature. Vote-to-Suspend allows Community Helpers to flag anyone who is in violation of our Community Guidelines. Below are the official rules and responsibilities associated with the Vote-to-Suspend ability.
Vote-to-Suspend Rules & Responsibilities:
- Suspension is only permitted if a user is in violation of AltspaceVR's Community Guidelines. No other reasons. No exceptions.
- Underaged users must explicitly identify themselves as being under 13 years of age, before you can vote to suspend them.
- All votes are logged and tracked in our system.
- You must be willing and able to explain your reasoning for voting to a ban user, if asked to elaborate.
- If you encounter someone who is particularly difficult and you're unsure about how best to proceed, please seek help from the CST in the Campfire.
- If you encounter someone who might require immediate suspension, please seek help from the CST in the Campfire.
- New people may not always know what's right and wrong, so please be patient and kind. Remember to always set the example for what being a good AltspaceVR citizen means.
- Help answer questions to the best of your abilities. If you're unsure about an answer that's ok.
- Anyone with a technical issue or in need of troubleshooting should be encouraged to open a ticket with our support team: altvr.com/support/
- You have the ability to toggle your Community Helper badge on/off. When you toggle your badge "off" you will also toggle "off" your Vote-to-Suspend ability.
- The Vote-to-Suspend feature is a pilot program and no guarantees are made to ensure future abilities.