WHAT IS FRONTROW?
FrontRow is an AltspaceVR technology that allows your entire event to be ‘mirrored’ across multiple instances. FrontRow allows you to scale your audience beyond individual room caps, and can be leveraged to accommodate large audiences in a single event. Without FrontRow, your audience size will be limited to the room-cap of your main environment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
FrontRow adds extra features and abilities to the Host experience, giving you maximum control over your event and your audience.
- The "On-Air" tool is added to your Host Panel.
- With "On-Air" you can choose who to 'mirror' (ex: presenters, performers, panelists, audience members, etc.) FrontRow also 'mirrors' content across all rooms. So if you have a panel of speakers and a slide presentation, you can 'mirror' your speakers and presentation across all your FrontRow rooms.
- A "Rooms" tab opens up in your Guest Panel.
- This panel gives you an at-a-glance overview of how many rooms you have, how many guests are in each room, and who those guests are.
- You can teleport from room-to-room, and easily distribute your moderators across the spaces.
- Reactive audience distribution
- As guests begin to enter your space, FrontRow will intuitively distribute them. It can be configured to fill up one room at a time, or to simultaneously fill several rooms for more even audience distribution.
WHEN TO ENABLE FRONTROW:
Convert to FrontRow when you need to scale beyond your environment room-capacity.
- Official AltspaceVR template environments allow for a maximum of 50 avatars per space. If you anticipate an audience larger than 50, use FrontRow to create multiple rooms of 50 avatars.
- Custom Words (Unity Uploader/Custom Space Templates), allow for a maximum of 30 avatars per space. If you anticipate an audience larger than 30, use FrontRow to create multiple rooms of 30 avatars.
HOW TO ENABLE FRONTROW:
- Create your event.
- Submit a request to enable FrontRow to our support team at altvr.com/eventsupport
- Select ‘Capacity Increase Request’ from the Event Support Request Category.
- In the Description please specify that you're requesting FrontRow.
- Please include your Event ID URL (ex: https://account.altvr.com/events/1461193283454632537)
- You can get this by logging into our website www.altvr.com and going to Events/My Events/*Your Event* and copying the URL in the address bar of your browser or clicking on the SHARE button to get your URL.
- Ticket-response to a FrontRow conversion request can take 3-5 business days, so please submit your request as far in advance as possible.
You’ll know your event has been converted once the support team replies to your request (approx. 3-5 business days) To confirm, go into your event in the AltspaceVR app, click on "Host Tools" and if you see the On-Air button, you’re the proud new owner of a FrontRow event!